Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Health cover for gastric bypass

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mumto4

Health cover for gastric bypass Empty
PostSubject: Health cover for gastric bypass   Health cover for gastric bypass Empty11/1/2011, 1:36 pm

Hi all,

I am currently considering GBy and have just discovered my private insurer doesn't cover it at all.
Have any of you guys had trouble getting your insurer to pay? and if not, who are you insured with? Also what out of pocket expenses did you have?

Sorry bout all the questions, hahaha but I need this done as I had lap banding and had to get it removed.

thanks for any help you can give me Health cover for gastric bypass 781894
Back to top Go down
daisy

daisy

PostSubject: Re: Health cover for gastric bypass   Health cover for gastric bypass Empty12/1/2011, 8:11 pm

Hi Mumto4
I am with Latrobe Health insurance and l had a GAstric Bypass last May and didnt have any problems with the Health Insurance paying
best of Luck
Daisy
Back to top Go down
mumto4

PostSubject: Re: Health cover for gastric bypass   Health cover for gastric bypass Empty13/1/2011, 12:52 pm

Thanks for your reply Daisy (beautiful name by the way!), what level of cover were you on?
How much did you pay out of your own pocket?

Thanks again..x
Back to top Go down
Adeey

PostSubject: Re: Health cover for gastric bypass   Health cover for gastric bypass Empty14/2/2011, 9:10 am

Health Partners - based in South Australia, will pay the bulk of the surgery.

Adeey
Back to top Go down
daisy

daisy

PostSubject: Re: Health cover for gastric bypass   Health cover for gastric bypass Empty5/3/2011, 4:37 am

I pay $55 a week and its top cover and its a single cover.
As i am 48 and only joined private Health 2 years ago l pay more.
and l dont have extras.
I am hopeing to get my arms and boobs done sometime near the end of the year so have kept up the Private health Insurance.
Hope this helps you
Daisy
Back to top Go down
nicola

PostSubject: Re: Health cover for gastric bypass   Health cover for gastric bypass Empty24/8/2011, 6:29 pm

Im with medibank Private. I had about $3000 out of pocket expenses after health fund rebates. I was private all the way. Was operated on 3 weeks after my first appointment with my surgeon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Health cover for gastric bypass   Health cover for gastric bypass Empty

Back to top Go down

Health cover for gastric bypass
Page 1 of 1