Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-11-27
|Subject: Please Read- Forum Rules 28/11/2010, 9:57 pm|| |
- Before you post : A search should be done to see if your questions have not been already posted. You can use the search function in the navigation bar.
You have a FAQ section where you can find answers for general questions about forum management:
- Topic titles : When you post a new thread, you must use a title related to your topic/question. Words such as "Urgent", "SOS", "Question", "Problem", "Help" are not tolerated. Capitals should also be avoided. Why do we ask you to use explicit titles in your topics ?
Because the forum's search engine bases it's search results on keywords found in topic titles
When you do a search, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question?
Certainly not! So this is why it is important to use titles related to your topic/question. Doing this makes the searches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question
- Language on this forum : Non-English people, as well as English people, must be able to understand what you write, so put a minimum of care in your English, even if your English is not very good
- Colors and capitals and size : When you write your message, please don't abuse capitals (it means that you shout), colors and bold. Re-sizing your text is also a bad idea. Overly large text resembles screaming. Colors and Bold text are reserved for moderation, therefore don't use them
- Flood and off-topic : Flood must be avoided. One-word posts such like "lol", "rofl" or a single smiley must be avoided.
- Other advertising : It is also forbidden to post advertising for money-related stuff, many of our members are under 18.
Behavior on the forum
- Defamatory, racist, hateful, pornographic, illegal or insulting content must be avoided on this forum. You must respect the fact that people may have a different opinion than you. If you are in conflict with another member, please use PMs for that, this forum is not an arena!
- You must respect the moderators and administrators. They all work voluntarily on this forum and they are human, not machines!
- If you received advertising, pornographic content or insults by PM, you must send the whole message and a screenshot of that message to a moderator or Admin via PM. Posting it in a topic is useless and will only cause conflicts between you and the one who sent you the PM
- If you don't find your topic, it may have been moved to a more appropriate place. If you are not sure how to find it, click on your username in the "Who is Online ?" section at the bottom of the homepage and go to the "Statistics" tab of your profile. There you can do a quick search of all the posts or topics you recently made.
- Do not moderate other members. Moderating is reserved for staff members only.
Avatar and Profile
- Avatar dimensions : Your avatar's width must not exceed 150 pixels and it's height must not exceed 200 pixels. These limits are here to avoid scrolling for people who have a low screen resolution. You must also respect the limit of storage space which is set at 300 KB. There are still people who have a low-speed connection, and big pictures take time to load for them
- Your avatar is not an advertising banner, so avatars with links to any other sites must be avoided
- Sexually oriented, gore and any other type avatars that are considered to be inappropriate must be avoided
- Your "Language", "Location" and "Hobbies" fields are not an advertising space, so links other sites must be avoided.
- If you made advertising by PM, you will see your PM mailbox disabled
- If your avatar doesn't respect the rules and you ignore the moderator's request to have it changed, the Administrator will forbid you from displaying an Avatar
- Advertising for money-related stuff = Immediate ban
- Ignoring the moderators warnings and continuing to not respect the rules and insulting people will result in a ban from this forum